1.07.2011

Rain with a chance of pour.

The last day has been a blur or awesomeness. Last night Spring and I spontaneously decided we wanted to go see Legally Blonde. It's a 20 minute trip to a part of town we'd never been before, but we decided it'd be worth it. So we went!! It was SOOO good. I loved it. First show in London=success. Now I'm just trying to decide where to go for #2. Phantom? Lion King? Cinderella? Wicked? Jersey Boys?(don't know anything about that one? Beauty and the Beast? HELP!! As far as today goes... I went running this morning down the streets of London. Best. Run. Ever. I think I'll be doing that a lot. We spent the day at the Tower of London and Westminster Abbey and it was soo fun. Unfortunately I'm not over my Jet lag yet and I hit a way tired spot in the middle of the day. It was hard to stay awake!! But Westminster Abbey was truly indescribable. So much history... I really feel like I don't know what to say about it. Every square inch is covered in some immaculate carving. Oh and as you will be able to tell from the following pictures... it rained ALL day!! It's kinda fun to just carry your umbrella everywhere actually. I felt very.. foreign. or something. Alright I feel like my brain is slowly going to mush and I'm starting to not make sense. So here are the my favorite pictures from today:)
 Just me taking a stroll along a cute black fence. Oh, and the Tower of London just happens to be in the background. 
 Haley and Kaylee! 
 Cobblestone.. Light post... Umbrella... London Bridge... Cute bench... Rain... I feel like this picture is a great representation of London. 
 So.. the goal with this picture was to make it look like I was holding two swords... FAIL.
 "Umm... okay that didn't work. How about I just stand next to the cool massive swords instead?" "Yeah that's still kinda awkward looking."
 The tower of London was amazing!! It was packed with so much history and tragedy I couldn't believe it. This was a chapel inside one of the towers. 
 Apparently this is one of the smallest armors ever to have been built. I think by the time it was finished the child had probably already outgrown it! 
 This is me standing in the middle of an awesome street next to the Tower of London:)
 After the Tower of London we took the tube over to Westminister Abbey. We walk out of the tube station and I literally jumped and yelped as I saw Big Ben towering over me! I wasn't expecting him to be so close so soon!!
 Ben and I. We're the cutest of couples. 

Kinsey and I in front of Westminister Abbey! It was BEAUTIFUL inside and out. They wouldn't let you take pictures inside for some reason though... 
 For some reason I saw this sign and pictured my dad trying to force his way into Dean's yard on his bike. I nearly laughed out loud. Sorry dad, please dismount. 
 Remember how I said you weren't allowed to take pictures inside of Westminster Abbey? Well I might have made an exception. This is where Jane Austen is buried. I couldn't resist. 
 This is part of our fabulously wonderful group. I'm on the far left. The picture was supposed to include the cool building behind us... but I guess Professor Crowe missed that part of the instructions..
 I think it's safe to say this is most of our group. We were all huddling outside Westminster Abbey waiting for our tour to start!
Is this not like.. the coolest picture ever? Love. 

6 comments:

  1. KILLY!! These pitures are incredible!! Beautiful you in a picturesque place. what else should I expect?? I LOVE the pic of you trying to hold the swords hahahahahah I laughed right out loud! I miss you! It looks like you are having an incredible time! You should definately see all of the shows!! I don't know much about Jersey Boys but I LOVE the music. I am so glad you are keeping this blog! I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you got the Eye of London and Big Ben in the same pic. Very cool!! With all of this fun stuff, you will never miss us or want to come home!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! When my two neices were in London on Study Abroad, they always went running in Hyde Park. I don't know if you live the same place they did, but it was just up the road. :) Keep having fun and writing about it, then when you get old like me, you will be able to remember all the cool things you saw and did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha Hench I was hoping that would make someone laugh.. cause it's pretty ridiculous looking! Jenny they probably stayed at the same place we are. When i went running we totally ran through Hyde Park too! It's basically across the street. So fun!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha. way to desecrate a historic church site with photography! im sure ms. austin would understand. rebellion is fun! hahahaha im very proud of you joy. very very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your captions are so funny. you are just so whitty...i'm glad you finally learned something from me and took it with you to london ;)

    ReplyDelete