1.19.2011

I miss a lot of things.. but mostly Banagrams.

Today marks 2 weeks in Londontown. I'm not sure how it feels back in the states, but I think maybe time goes slower here. There is too much I've done for it to have only been 2 weeks. But I'm not complainin! One of my favorite things are the "London Walks". I've done 4 of the 12 so far.... 4 and a half if you count the one I did last week that was interrupted by an abrupt DOWNPOUR!... and each one is about 3 miles long. They take you all over the city to places I'd normally never go. Most of the pictures I take that are in London are on the walks because you walk past everything cool! Today we walked over by the Tower of London and had a blast walking up and down the alleyways.
The highlight of my week so far though would have to be Wicked last night. I've seen it twice before in LA, but it's still been a few years. The best part is - every time i see it, it gets better! I think I was smiling the ENTIRE SHOW! Defy Gravity is so overwhelmingly amazing. Popular is sooo funny. For Good is... okay I could go on about every song, so I'll stop. I will say this: Fiero was a babe and his accent didn't bother me much. Maybe I'll go for the green approach and see if I can get a man like that! Okay okay, I'm TOTALLY KIDDING! A witch hat and broom would probably work just fine.
I made a fabulous purchase today. I bought a planner... oh and they call them Diaries here. It took me awhile to figure that out. Ba!... that I found in a cute little bookshop. I love cute little bookshops!! Oh and after I picked it out I learned it was half off. 3.50 for a planner!! Weird... I just had an epiphany. So I wanted to put a dollar sign in front of that 3.50, but I realized it was POUNDS not dollars. Is there a pound sign on keyboards in England like there are dollar signs on ours?? I've never thought of this before. I may need to go find a computer store and investigate. I'll get back to you on this...
British Museum=Intense. There was way too much stuff to look at and it was overwhelming. You could spend an entire week there and not see everything! Luckily I was given a specific room to investigate and I'll have time to go back again. There was a dead guy that blew my mind though! Lindow Man. His body was preserved in a bog and even though he's been dead for two thousand years, he still looks very... person-like. It's creepy.
I was super excited to go to the North Countries.. and then I watched the movie Miss Potter. Now I'm ECSTATIC!! Miss Potter buys a house in York or somewhere close.. which is where we're going... and it was breathtaking. If it is half as pretty as what it looked like in the movie, I may die of gorgeousity. We leave tomorrow morning and will be there until Saturday!! My next post may be 90% pictures and you may be 100% jealous.
 On our London Walk in a cool little courtyard. Me, Karly, Liz, Haley, and Jamie! A very nice stranger with a very nice accent took this picture. 
 Same courtyard.. Same Girls.. Different Random Stranger.
 Well. If they say so. 
 There is a sign right beneath us that you can't see... It said "Slippery. Stay off edge". Whoops! 
 Kaylee and Haley with their friend CITY OF LONDON. 
 Cool looking Bathroom. Unfortunately, I didn't have to go.. so I'm not sure if the inside is cool.. but the outside sure is! 
 This may have sparked more homesickness than anything ever has.. 
The cute little bookshop I told you about. With a cute little girl reading a book. Oh wait! That's me!

No comments:

Post a Comment