2.07.2011

Party in the FRA!

3:00am: Wake up
3:30am: Catch the bus
5:25am: Catch the train to Paris via Chunnel (after getting searched by the security guard who took EVERYTHING out of my bag and repacked it! I was the randomly chosen one, lucky me. We had a nice conversation though. I quite like him.)
8:00am: Arrive in Paris

I believe the train ride to Paris was the only time I sat down the entire day. With only a day and a half, we basically walked and crammed as much as we could into every second!

We walked to the Louvre and took pictures, then walked to the Saint Chappelle Cathedral, than walked to Notre Dame. Then we met Quasimodo. Or at least his Bell Tower. Oh, and the Hike up to the Bell Tower was NOT as bad as I thought it’d be! And it was our first view of the entire city. SO COOl! I tried to get the gargoyles to come to life for me, but it didn’t work. I guess I intimidate stone creatures.

Oh, and did I mention the entire trip we all lugged our backpacks with all of our belongings around? So as I mention all of this walking and stairs.. just keep that in mind.

After Notre Dame we went to the Eiffel Tower! It was unreal actually seeing it. Not gonna lie.. I almost started crying. But after I regained my composure, it was a blast. We just took pictures and pictures and pictures and then went to an institute crepe party. How did we manage to find an institute crepe party taking place the ONE night we were in Paris? Not sure, but we did. We all slaughtered a hymn in French and then I was asked to bless the crepes. It was weird to pray out loud in English after hearing the whole lesson in French. I didn’t know what to say! Oh.. and there was an activity. If you could flip your crepe 6 times, you’re getting married within the year. As much as it will upset my mother to hear she must start planning ANTOHER wedding… I flipped it 8 times. So I’m guessing I’ve got about 10 months.

We split up after that and Carly, Sharron, Liz and I went to our Hostel. The other 5 girls apparently had a HORRIBLE experience with their hotel, but that’s an entirely different story. Just know that OURS was quite pleasant and served free breakfast. It was right next to the Sacred Coeur too, so the next morning that was the first thing we did. I had no idea what it was until yesterday, but I love it now! It’s on top of a huge hill so you can see the entire city.

We walked for a long time and then went to the Arch De Triumph. Maybe possibly my favorite thing of the day. The 5 of us that went to the top had a blast snapping pictures and laughing our heads off. Liz and I got a picture with some random attractive French men, and we got to use the restroom for free. SWEET.

Next we did a river tour. I don’t know if this was as enjoyable as it was because it was our first time sitting down for 2 days, but it was REALLY enjoyable. We all just chilled and laughed and got mooned. Yes, an old Scottish man in a kilt mooned us about 5 times as we were going down the river. I got a picture for proof if you don’t believe me. Don’t worry.. it’s from a good distance.

We went BACK to the Eiffel Tower after that and went to the top! It was SUPER windy, so we snapped pictures way fast and then I kissed a French man. But on the way down… this is really dramatic… our elevator got stuck! Yes. My elevator broke at the top of the Eiffel Tower! At first we were all like… uh… and then the elevator guy was like, “This happens about once a year for about 1 minute.” …. 5 minutes later…. I don’t think many people can say their elevator stopped for 5 minutes at the top of the Eiffel Tower!! But I can. Ha!


After some quick souvenir shopping, that was our entire trip!! We went to the train station and were back in London by 11. Talk about a packed weekend! I can’t believe everything we did. Today was a recovery day for sure. My body is exhausted! And I’ve got 2 days left to rest, cause on Wednesday morning… SCOTLAND!!

"Some are born great. Some achieve greatness. Some have greatness hanging from their fingertips." Or something like that...
The smallish door leading into the creepy room at the top of Notre Dame. Undoubtedly full of creepy gargoyles or Frollo type bad men..
If gargoyles had hair and scarves, I'd be a perfect depiction!
This is the Eiffel Tower. If you haven't heard of it...... you need to get out more. 
The Sacre Coeur!
Liz and I at the Arch De Triumph!
Carl, Liz, Me, Elise, and Paige at the top of the Arch. I love these girls like a Scottish man loves to moon poor defenseless Americans!
One of the many flights of stairs we braved this weekend. Once again notice our massive backpacks. Oh and my sweet scarf-headband. Note to self: when extra windy, scarf as headband keeps one warmer!
Carly, Me, and Eiffel posing for a quick pic. 
Candid Camera! 
I'M ON TOP OF THE WORLD!!! aka the Eiffel Tower
Just as we were leaving the tower started to sparkle! We were giddy with the happys!
Notre Dame at night. Voila!
To Kelly: If you can't see Scotland yet.. here's a Scottish backside for ya!

3 comments:

  1. Kaylee, you have no idea how happy it makes me that you were in Paris!!!!!! It is one of my favorite cities in the whole world!!!!!
    There are a few things we need to discuss though:
    #1: Sacré Coeur. I LOVED that place! You were right about it being on a hill. It's actually the highest land point in Paris. The views are incredible! The only way to get higher is to go to the top of the Eiffel Tower, which leads me to #2: You kissed a french man? How did you not tell me this when we Skyped today? We need to talk!
    #3: You flipped the crepe EIGHT TIMES?!?!?! Let's get started: What are your colors and where do you want the reception?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And where's the picture of the so called "mooning"??? Actually, not sure I really want to see that one....

    And you're going to SCOTLAND!!! Top of my bucket list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did I say I kissed a French Man? Oops! Guess that just slipped out. Wishful thinking no doubt;)

    haha and the mooning! I was holding back, but if you insist....

    ReplyDelete