2.25.2011

I run into poles.

This week has been filled with lots of walking. Apart from classes, I've been on 4 of my 12 London Walks this week! Some of them are definitely better than others. Today's walk... not so great. And by "not so great" I mean - nothing amazing. Hmm... maybe I'm getting too used to London. I'm sure YOU would all think it was amazing.

On Wednesday we had our day trip to Oxford. I would feel so outrageously cool if I went to school there. *As in - my head would explode of too much ego. So it's a good thing I don't. Because then there would be brain/head guts for you all to clean up*. (Dad that was for you. It's something I can hear you saying. Normally I wouldn't have written anything so cheesy, but I was inspired by my love for you at this moment.) We spent all day visiting the different schools, eating in famous pubs where famous people like Bill Clinton and C.S. Lewis have eaten, browsing in shops where Lewis Caroll got his ideas from Alice and Wonderland from, buying Oxford merchandise... you know, all the normal day-to-day things. Oh I almost forgot! How could I forget??? They filmed parts of the Harry Potter films in Oxford. We walked through the Great Hall at Hogwarts. Then the sorting hat put me in Gryffindor and Mrs. McGonagall told me i'd be starting school there next year.

Alright, maybe that was a bit of a stretch. I'd probably be Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff.

Last night I went to Phantom!! The entire time I was absolutely amazed with the Phantom's voice. He was INCREDIBLE. Come to find out, he has also played John Valjean in Les Miserables and was voted the best John Valjean EVER in 2006 by the British Academy Awards or something. Best EVER. I don't doubt it. If I had the chance to see him in Les Mis, I might be willing to do something drastic. Like break the law or something. THAT is how good he is.

Oh yeah.. One last thing. Today, on our walk, I walked in to a pole. Not "holy cow, that was close!" And I didn't have time to slow down so as to not feel the FULL effect. I was full on walking down the street and suddenly my face was smacking metal. We were all stunned for a second realizing what had just happened, and then we laughed for a solid 5 minutes. I will be surprised if I don't have a bruise.
Haley and I at the Alice in Wonderland shop. Alice, I took this thinking of you. So I hope you see this. 
For all you muggles out there.. this is what the Great Hall at Hogwarts looks like. If you even know what that is. 

Christ's Church College. One of the many Colleges at Oxford. 
If you can't read the small print, it says: "An education in intoxication." Oxford is so my kinda place.
My walkin posse 
This bridge connects 2 buildings... Kinda like how mine and Amber's houses will be connected when we live next to each other. It symbolizes the connection between the old part of Oxford and the REALLY old part of Oxford... Kinda like how my husband will be old and Amber's husband will be REALLY old. 
Sharon Liz Haley and I on another walk!
You think that a beautiful gargoyle can't exist? We pose to correct you. 
We almost murdered a duck at this lake. Or at least made a murderer out of one..? It's amazing what birds will do for a little food. 

Seconds after the pole incident. 

2 comments:

  1. Bahahaha! One: I'm considering transferring to Oxford. I wouldn't mind the ego.
    Two: I think you are getting more humorous. London is doing great things.
    Tres: Thank you for clarifying the Great Hall for the muggles. I have some Muggle friends who will greatly appreciate that.
    4: I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was funny! I could totally see you walking into a pole, luckily, you didn't lose any brain guts. I hope you have fun in Italy, make sure to leave your little bother notes, that would be cool, they will have to be hid well, because he won't be there for 12 more days!

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete