4.11.2011

London Liebt Lisa!

My last weekend in London had to be a special one. So what do I do?? Why, invite Lisa to come stay with me of course!!

Lisa was our foreign exchange student during my senior year of high school and is from Germany. When we both found out that I was coming to study in London, we immediately started talking about how we HAD to see each other. Too often in life plans like this are made and then sadly never happen. But not this time!! I am here to report that Lisa has now come and gone. We spent a wonderful weekend together and now she’s currently flying back to Germany. What adventures did we have, you ask? Read on.

She got in late Thursday night and somehow navigated her way to her hostel by herself. She wasn’t allowed to stay in the center with me, so I just met her on Friday morning in the lobby of her hostel. Lisa and I have a tradition of shopping together... and what better place to do it than in London?!? We went to Oxford Street right away and left about 8 hours later. Talk about shop till you drop! I introduced Lisa to the wonders of Primark, Topshop, etc. She’s hooked. We took a little break at Bella Italia for lunch, but other than that we went crazy.

Friday night we went on a walk around Buckingham Palace and St. James Park. My favorite was when we came back and decided to watch Tangled. We were all SUPER excited and Lisa’s reaction was something like, “I always watched movies in American and then I come home and never watch them. Now I’m with Americans again… I guess you guys just love movies!” Her assumptions were 100% correct. We love movies. Especially cute animated princess love stories that make you laugh and cry.

Saturday we woke up and went to the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace and then to Camden Market. I’d been to Camden before, but had NO CLUE how big it was! It’s about 8 times bigger than I realized. It was awesome! We basically spent another 5 hours shopping. Best part of the day: we bought matching Baby Voodoo Dolls.

Saturday night I took her to Frog. What is frog? Only my favorite frozen yogurt place in London. Geez I’m glad we still have frozen yogurt in America. Or I’d miss it greatly. Luckily, it’s actually a lot cheaper and better in America.

Sunday while I went to church Lisa went shopping AGAIN!! When I got back we went to Hyde Park and relaxed in the warm sun. I felt like I was at a swimming pool – it was SO crowded! Perfect for people watching though. Which we both love.

I guess you could easily sum up my weekend with two words: Lisa and shopping. In other words, it was perfect in every way!!

 Walking through St. James Park
 This telephone pole has a PERFECT location, but it smelt of urine and throw up. If you were wondering. 
 Changing of the Guard
 Aka watching two guards march for a few feet in front of a Palace. 
 Camden Market
Stunna shades!

No comments:

Post a Comment